Saturday, June 23, 2012

Why I Like Amish Furniture In The Living Room




Is it just me or does it also look to you as though most furniture in the stores these days is pressed-board covered with paper that's printed to look like a wood-grained finish? Surely I cannot be the only person who is noticing the lack of real wood furniture in stores and showrooms all over the country, that's impossible. We all know that cheap furniture doesn't wear well or last very long. Pressed-board furniture is not built to last like the quality construction you'll see in every Amish rocking chair, sofa and coffee table.





I like Amish furniture in the living room because it is sturdy and beautiful, and because I know it will look the same 100 years from now. It's not going to crack, sag or deteriorate with normal use, and the finish isn't going to peel away. Real wood furniture in my living room is what makes my house look like a home.





Here is what I own and why I like it:





1) My absolute favorite item is my slat sofa recliner that's wide enough for three or more people to sit and recline together! It's so comfortable and inviting. I had it built with custom upholstery that matches some needlepoint pillows my grandma made, so that makes it feel even more like home;





2) Coming in a close second is my love seat glider in upholstery that matches my sofa recliner. My kids love it, especially in the winter because they glide back and forth pretending they're on the swing set outdoors. And it's totally relaxing for me when I'm talking on the phone or reading;





3) But the best piece of furniture I ever bought is the lift-top coffee table that goes from knee-height to use for magazines and propping up my feet when nobody is looking, to full desk-height for eating, writing and working. It is the most practical item in my living room, without a doubt.





We are really enjoying our Amish furniture, and we're making memories with it every day. That's why I like Amish furniture in the living room so much. Sometimes I think about what pieces my kids might like when they get married and move away from home someday. Oh, it's 'way too soon to think about that right now when they are so young. And of course my own Amish living room furniture will still be in good shape so I might share it with them, too. But then I'd have to go get some more for myself!





You may want to see a variety of Amish real wood furniture available from craftsmen who sell their pieces online at for delivery to you your own home anywhere in the US.


No comments:

Post a Comment